Crescent Solutions is committed to helping you as an esteemed IT Professional find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or direct hire opportunities in your area of expertise. During the initial discussion, we hope to learn more specifics about your background and skill set to determine what job opportunities will be most interesting to you. Our keep it simple approach is only part of what sets us apart from other firms in the challenging job market today.
We partner with the most innovative and well-known organizations in the industry providing you exceptional career opportunities. We are currently seeking IT professionals who are searching for technology jobs for the following opportunity:
Structured Cable Plant Engineer
Scope of Work
Seeking a Structured Cable Plant Engineer to support network and structured cable plant-related projects. The Engineer will report to the Manager of Network Services and work closely with the network engineering team, Planning and Construction team, and low voltage contractors. The Engineer will help facilitate and prepare cabling plant and fiber infrastructure-related project documentation, review low-voltage and construction project checklists, and oversee the completion of all areas of the structured cabling. The person holding this position will consult with internal and external clients as requested to provide solutions.
Essential Functions/Primary Duties
Primary responsibilities include assisting with structured cable plant and fiber-related projects and deliverables. Focus on the implementation and operation of the structured cable plant and fiber infrastructure supporting the data network. Prepare engineering drawings and statement of works for new installation and renovation. The Engineer will develop and maintain relationships with project managers and team leads; create, maintain, review, and update documentation, spreadsheets, and information on project status and schedules. The Engineer supports the operations of the structured cable plant. Document all installation, configuration, and changes of the structured cable plant infrastructure. Maintain knowledge base articles.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of experience in structured cabling project management
- BICSI Certified (Preferred)
- Strong understanding of project life cycle
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to convey ideas clearly to others
- Proficient knowledge with structured cabling system and outside cable plant
- Ability to adhere to, and enforce best practices and procedures
- Ability to deal with complex problems and apply appropriate tools, data, and techniques to diagnose and develop solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Must be willing to adjust shift schedule to perform maintenance and upgrades outside of business hours
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects/network equipment that weigh up to 20 lbs frequently as well as 45 lbs occasionally