STRATEGIC SOURCING LEAD
The Purchasing department is a fast paced environment and requires a high level of organizational skills, efficient use of time, the ability to perform under pressure, manage multiple projects and continually meet deadlines. Experience in high-mix, low volume aerospace/defense manufacturing environment desired. Familiarity with UCC/FAR and DFAR requirements is desired. Requires knowledge of purchasing processes, policies, procedures and an understanding of manufacturing processes. Direct experience in procurement of machined parts, sheet metal fabrication, MIL-SPEC hardware, and metal finishes is needed. Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications is required. Must be skilled in negotiation techniques.
Working with internal stakeholders and procurement management, Strategic Sourcing lead is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies. The Strategic Sourcing Lead provides influence and establishes supplier relationships to drive both tactical and strategic initiatives to meet and exceed MDSI product, performance, and quality requirements, while mitigating supply chain risks. Represents procurement team in proposal and NPI (New Product Introduction) meetings. The Strategic Sourcing Lead works closely with the contract/pricing team and manages RFQ activities with suppliers. Will assist external/internal audit activities. Familiarity with ITAR/FAR/DFAR and experience in high-mix manufacturing environment are desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the development and execution of strategic sourcing activities, including but not limited to, supplier approval, development and management, new product introduction support, should cost analysis and DCMA/DCAA pricing audits. The Strategic Sourcing Lead will be critical to success of supply chain management team.
- Increase value to the business with a goal of improving the total cost, cash and quality.
- Maintain and monitor supplier performance KPIs.
- Develop methods to optimize costs while meeting MDSI technical requirements.
- Lead estimating team in providing contracts departments with FAR compliant proposals through price analysis, cost analysis, and certified cost and pricing data in accordance with FAR part 15.
- Promote and help execute long term agreements (LTA) with suppliers to ensure favorable price and uninterrupted supply of materials.
- Develop commodity strategy using cost modeling, supplier opportunity assessment, supplier financial analysis and long term agreements (LTA).
- Maintain the approved supplier list (ASL). Make recommendations to add/delete suppliers.
- Establish supplier development programs to maximize value from incumbents and to identify and establish alternate suppliers.
- Responsible for development of strategic relationships with key suppliers and ensuring appropriate engagement levels exist to drive partnership objectives.
- Function as a point of contact for purchasing in new product introduction (NPI) programs.
- Must be a US Person: US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Business Administration or Engineering or equivalent; and 7 to 10 years of purchasing, material planning, sourcing or related experience in a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment desired. Education level can be substituted by years of relevant experience.