Music Entertainment Paralegal
Seeking an experienced Entertainment Paralegal specializing in all areas of music to join my client's team.
Candidates must have at least 4 to 5 years of experience in this highly specialized area.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities. Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is able to learn quickly, exercise good judgment and take initiative. Must have the ability to act independently and with minimal supervision.
- Licensing specialist specialized in music
- Negotiating licensing terms with record labels and/or publishers, production companies, and ad agencies or working with them as clients
- Researching, quoting, drafting and negotiating master use and synchronization licenses for commercials, TV shows, motion pictures and online streaming.
- Experience with Mechanical Licensing
- Experience with the PROs, SoundExchange, SAG-AFTRA and AFM
- Drafting various music agreements including songwriter split agreements, non-disclosure agreements and soundtrack album agreements
- Knowledge of rates is expected.
Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Needs to be skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.