CONTACT: Heath Hamaguchi, (213) 926-1183 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for an Associate Director, End User Productivity focused on Microsoft Identity Platforms. The primary purpose of this role is to support and delivery Microsoft Identity Services to NWA customers in the Americas region, with a secondary purpose to help drive global enhancements within the team.
This role will help build a demand backlog for Active Directory, prioritize, and drive forward sprint to spring implementation. But they do still need to be hands on with Active Directory and handle things for the Americas region.
While the core responsibilities involve architecture and support of Microsoft Identity Platforms, the team has recently started to adopt agile methods in the prioritization and delivery of new demand. There is an opportunity for the person hired into this role to take leadership in how the squad continues to evolve, and therefore could include the following additional responsibilities:
- Work as part of the global Microsoft Identity Squad to support and enhance Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, Azure MFA, and Cloud-based Active Directory instances in providing services to internal customers (the business).
- Day-to-day support and operations accountability for Microsoft Identity Platforms in the Americas region and shared accountability globally
- Manage and drive escalations required to resolve any incidents originating in region, or that require regional resources to resolve
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological and architectural developments internal and external to Sony, and evaluation of the benefits and requirements of implementing any of these technologies in relation to Sony’s business needs.
- Play a key role within the global End User Productivity team to assist with transition and transformation of existing ‘on-premise’ services to the Cloud. Examples include continued adoption of Microsoft 365 and hybrid join.
- Engage providers in design activities, conduct interviews, group workshops, and surveys to determine requirements and develop solutions.
- Work closely with existing and future outsource partners and vendors to enhance End User Productivity services. Provide last-line operational support ‘when appropriate’ in the case of re-occurring production issues that need deep dive support from the architecture perspective.
- Actively participate in regional and global technical meetings and workshops as required.
- Assist the regional or business unit End User Productivity (or equivalent) delivery teams in the delivery of services and projects where appropriate.
- Participate in regional or global taskforces to expedite the delivery of Infrastructure services or change to End User Productivity customers.
- Work closely with colleagues in Sony’s various security divisions to maintain and enhance systems security and implement improvements where needed to mitigate business risk.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- As needed for initiatives within this scope, lead Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives, and oversee project activities throughout all phases of SDLC
- Lead the team to gather, analyze and, when appropriate, contribute or start to design the reengineering of business processes
- Lead and manage project vendors to ensure timely deliverable within budget and scope
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Certifications: Architecture related qualifications (Togaf) or related certification preferred.
- Expert level in Microsoft Identity and access management services (Active Directory, ADFS, PKI) and Exchange Messaging.
- Good experience and understanding of Microsoft UC technologies (Lync, Skype, Skype for Business, Teams). Comprehensive understanding and familiarity with the following: Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, PKI, SCCM.
- Good understanding of Office 365 and supporting services (AADC, Dir-Sync)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent technical leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Confidence to communicate and present clearly to Senior Management, customers and stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft based Enterprise infrastructure services.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate at all levels including technical, senior regional and global management, inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ to develop services and solutions to enhance the Network Applications Services portfolio.
- Excellent customer service skills. Able to clearly understand customer requirements and translate these into workable solutions.
- 7+ Years experience in technical role
- Experience of working in diverse international locations and multicultural environments and working effectively in teams across geographical regions.
- Experience in the transition of traditional on-premise infrastructure services to Cloud services such as Office365.
- Experience of working closely with outsource partners, vendors and other third-parties to deliver technical solutions and programs of change.