Lead Data Engineer
The Lead Data Engineer role will be responsible for building highly scalable and robust data pipelines using modern tools and frameworks. This position will work closely with the analytics teams to discover and build new data insights for our customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Build innovative and market changing technology in the healthcare analytics space.
- Assist Software Engineering team with understanding product requirements, strategy, implementing technical architecture, creating prototypes & management of the full product lifecycle from ideation to rollout.
- Plan deployment of complex enterprise-level projects on scalability and reliability.
- Drive product development and set up code reviews, peer reviews and implement best practices.
- Drive architecture based on business use-cases to promote performance, security, and reliability.
- Perform hands-on development and deployments. Mentor software engineering team on technical best-practices, understanding complex business requirements and cross-training.
- Requires an individual to maintain the ability to work in an environment with PHI / PII data.
- May be assigned other duties.
- Must maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in information technology projects with experience in designing and developing at least a few enterprise level software products end-to-end
- Deep technical experience with – Scala, Python, Spark, EMR, Airflow, Github, AWS, Docker, Distributed Systems
- Agile/scrum practitioner
- Solid analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to design effective software frameworks.
- Perform other duties as requested or required
- Strong team oriented interpersonal and communication skills
- Mentoring software engineering team.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting productivity standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.