We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, forwarding thinking and engaged DevOps engineer with an emphasis on operational experience. The selected candidate will be a key member of the firm’s infrastructure team. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced hands-on technical engineer to manage and build a world-class cloud-based application infrastructure and collaborate in elevating the investment management technology platform at a large and complex asset management firm. Qualified candidates must be hands-on and possess a strategic viewpoint and strong business acumen, as well as knowledge of trends in the DevOps and cloud technologies. Excellent communication and leadership skills are key.
- Plan, execute, maintain, and patch all types of workloads in Azure.
- Build and support Linux servers in enterprise environments.
- Build and deploy configuration management to support Continuous Delivery.
- Implement instrumentation to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues related workloads.
- Implement infrastructure as code on Azure to automate infrastructure deployment.
- Manage auto scaling of infrastructure and instances to right-size workload and performance.
- Support development efforts and build self-provisioning workloads.
- Use and manage CI tools, GitLab, Docker, and container orchestration tools.
- Work closely with various teams to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines and workflows.
- Participate in on-call escalation chain as well as off-hour maintenances.
- Script with languages such as Python, Powershell, or Bash.
- Develop highly repeatable processes and have a desire to AUTOMATE EVERYTHING.
- Strong experience managing and maintaining medium to large scale Linux environments.
- Strong working with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Salt Stack.
- Strong experience in working with Azure DevOps tools.
- Strong experience in managing and supporting systems in Azure.
- Strong experience using standard server software such as Apach, Nginx, Tomcat, MySQL, and Kubernetes.
- Experience using version control systems such as Git.
- Experience working with developers in an Agile methodology environment.
- Strong Experience managing and working with CI tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Experience with securing, storing and controlling access to tokens, passwords, password vaults, certificates, encryption keys for protecting secrets and other sensitive data.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Troubleshooting skills are a must.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field