The Project Manager is a newly established position to support the expansion of the Application Development Program Management at our client. The role requires the candidate to work across business, operations and technology to support, expand and enhance all foundational areas. This includes daily stand ups, weekly cadence, budgeting, prioritizing, project execution and more. The Project Manager will also be involved in helping define structure & process, templates and build executive dashboards.
Reports to: Vice President, Application Development PMO
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Subject Matter experience on tools like Jira, Confluence and Teams.
- Coordinate with cross discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Meet with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submit project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
- Establish effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitate change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
- Identify and develop new opportunities with clients.
- Obtain customer acceptance of project deliverables.
- Manage customer satisfaction within project transition period.
- Conduct post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of working experience in Financial Services
A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Experience with tools like Jira, Confluence, PowerBI and Teams.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Experience overseeing a mid to large size projects at once.
- Budget management experience.
- Highly effective writing/verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work independently with minimal oversight or guidance.
- Capabilities in independently providing technical practices, recommendations, advice, and enhancements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (in Management Information System, Business Administration or equivalent experience)