CONTACT: Heath Hamaguchi, (213) 926-1183 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Lake Buena Vista, FL.
Security centric, Senior Systems Engineer with extensive experience within Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) module; the individual needs to have extensive experience of how the module works.
● Expertise with Splunk and modules such as Enterprise Security
● Expertise with large-scale Splunk environments (multiple tens of TBs/day of ingest)
● Expertise in multiple scripting languages and advanced skills in programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Ruby, Dart, Node, Java, others alike) with ability to build test coverage for all software being developed.
● Systems administration skills on Linux and Windows platforms
● Networking skills and protocols (e.g. HTTP, TLS, SSH, DNS)
● Experience with Source Control Management systems (e.g. Git)
● Expertise in public and private cloud hosting services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
● Proficient with data technologies (e.g. NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elastic) including being able to perform basic setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
● Able to implement existing base standards for new systems and/or applications for all of the following:
o Site/Systems monitoring and instrumentation
o Application monitoring and instrumentation
o System monitoring and instrumentation
o Resilience, performance & Telemetry data
● Able to diagnose simple to complex system and process problems.
● Able to perform and provide in depth analysis on load test runs against a moderately complex system.
● Demonstrate exceptional troubleshooting methodology, including the ability to author and instruct new methodologies to the SRE team.
● Independently resolve moderately to highly complex system and application incidents.
● Able to identify and propose system and application fixes for performance bottlenecks.
● Able to evaluate new application requirements for capacity and run-time best practices.
● Able to evaluate new system and/or infrastructure solutions for technical feasibility against known requirements and standards.
● Effective at dealing with change: Able to transition in role or handle a significant modification or technology with minimal ramp-up time and with very little guidance.