The IT Relocation analyst will Disconnect/Reconnect for ongoing IT relocation efforts. The daily effort will consist of disconnecting, reconnecting of computer workstations, relocating hardware to a new facility/location and reconnecting workstations in a new environment. We are seeking a motivated individual who wants to contribute to a team environment and gain experience.
Qualifications and/or Experience Required
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in IT Desktop Relocation/support
- Understanding of basic PC and printer operation
- Basic understanding of network technologies such as Ethernet, switched Ethernet
- Good interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral and written skills, excellent teamwork and communication skills are essential.
- Required ability to work unsupervised and self-motivated.
- Familiarity with a variety of current PC hardware
- Ability to proficiently disconnect/reconnect PC workstation and peripherals (mouse, keyboard, webcam, laptop dock, and etc.) in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to accurately inventory and document layout of technical equipment including port connections.
- Excellent cable management skills
- After hours support and maintenance.
- Performs installations, relocation, and re-installation of Desktops and Laptops.
- Assist in tracking Assets that have been updated, manually or using provided software tools.
- Work and take Direction from IT Peers and Managers in a team learning environment
- Create, maintain and update documentation as needed for compliance with company computer-related standards.
- Responds to problem tickets and repair the malfunctioning equipment quickly. Provides support for PC technician operations on a daily basis.
- Provides project tracking to ensure the project and day-to-day work schedules are being met. Create, maintain and update documentation as needed for compliance with company computer-related relocation.
- Strong Communication Skills > use of MS Office
- Accurately complete standardized inventory sheet and layout of equipment including port connections
- Ensure equipment is accurately labeled with origination/destination information
- Disconnect PC equipment and peripherals at location.
- Reconnect PC equipment and peripherals to exact specifications listed on move sheet
- Document and escalate any issues encountered
- Creating diagrams of each computer station so it gets set up correctly
- Light testing to ensure that equipment is working at full capacity
- Cable Management-Routing wires neatly to maximize ease of use.
· Able to listen and take direction immediately
· Respond positively to constructive criticism
· Work well under pressure on large, fast-paced projects with changing priorities
· Excellent team player
· Positive, flexible demeanor
· Strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
· Operate with a sense of urgency
· Well-groomed appearance