The Senior Desktop Engineer will be responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership for the US Desktop Support team. You will work with other technical resources to develop and support all end user computing technology standards, processes, and solutions across the Enterprise while providing mentorship to team members. As the subject matter expert (SME) on workstation software/hardware and productivity business solutions you will recommend new end user technologies and solutions required to perform advanced workstation software hardware architecture and support.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Desktop Engineer is an experienced Microsoft Windows System Engineer who is an innovative thinker, has a passion for learning, and continues to keep apprised of industry trends and solutions with the ability to analyze for possible application. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop application installation packages and operating system deployments using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Deployment Tookit, Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK), Group Policy, AdminStudio, PowerShell, and batch scripting.
• Software package deployments through Quality Assurance testing, pilot, and change management before release.
• Post deployment reporting and remediation using Config Mgr and SQL.
• Workstation hardware and software configuration, and performance analysis.
• Technology implementation including planning, scheduling and communication using modern project management methodology.
• Knowledgeable in modern Microsoft infrastructure technology like Active Directory, Azure, Office 365 Enterprise administration, endpoint security tools, SQL, and basic networking.
• Develop and maintain workstation standards, processes, and documentation
• Oversee the desktop support assigned incidents and tasks, identifying areas for improvement
• Recommend new end user technologies and solutions to replace or enhance the security, reliability, and end user experience
• Coach desktop support technicians through new and routine tasks
• Bachelor’s Degree required (in Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalent experience)
• At least 8 years supporting Microsoft Windows Operating systems
• At least 8 years working with Microsoft Group Policies
• At least 5 years working with and creating custom PowerShell and batch scripts in order to handle different administrative tasks
• At least 4 years of SQL experience. Should be able to create SQL queries to provide data analysis and manage SCCM assets
• At least 4 years as a technical lead or project manager for software/operating system deployments or changes
• At least 6 years packaging applications for workstation deployment in an Enterprise environment, using SCCM, Altiris, Admin Studio or similar
• At least 6 years of QA testing experience with a strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• At least 6 years supporting different version of Microsoft Office and a more expert level of knowledge
• At least 4 years of basic enterprise networking experience
• At least 3 years of Office 365 experience