The Business Development Coordinator will be a key member of the Marketing and Business Development department and will support the firm’s business development, client relationship, and revenue generating initiatives. Responsibilities of the Business Development Coordinator will be firm-wide in scope, and will support business development activities across all departments and practice groups.
- Handle requests for business development materials, including drafting and customizing proposal content, coordinating attorney input, and proofing and distributing final versions;
- Assist with RFP process, including drafting sections of responses and supporting information gathering and coordination with attorneys, pricing team, diversity team and other groups as necessary to complete submissions;
- Assist in competitive intelligence gathering, including performing searches using the firm’s experience database, ContactNet and other tools, in support of new business opportunities, client meetings, pitches, proposals, events and other business development initiatives;
- Support the firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts by completing firm and client specific diversity surveys and assisting with other diversity- and inclusion-related projects;
- Track win/loss statistics for pitches, proposals and other RFPs; and
- Work collaboratively with others on the marketing team to create customized marketing materials for events and contribute to other marketing department projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus minimum of two years’ experience. Direct prior involvement in crafting a wide variety of client proposals, capability statements and other promotional materials is a must.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with both lawyers and marketing and business development team members.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Balance of strong client-service orientation and persuasive executive presence required.
- Strong technical skills (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and web platforms).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.