This is a contract to hire position starting IMMEDIATELY (11/11/19 preferred) in Newport Beach.
Must have ADP, E-Time and Workforce Now experience
We are looking for a candidate with 8-10 years of Payroll management experience in restaurant/retail with multi-unit locations
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Payroll & HRIS Manager will be responsible for managing, directing, controlling and processing the payroll & reporting for Corporate, Signature and Managed Clubs Team Members. Will manage a range of payroll tasks, processes, implementations, reporting and updates through strategic communication and compliance standards. This dynamic leader will be responsible for overseeing Payroll & HRIS Specialists who process payroll entry, day to day calculations, weighted overtime, garnishments, terminations, manual checks and create and run reports. By partnering with department leaders, will improve efficiencies and mitigate discrepancies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the coordination and management of the entire payroll function.
- Ensure team’s timely and accurately processing of bi-weekly payroll of multi-state, multiple tax ID organization and ensure accurate cost allocations.
- Manage and administer payrolls, month end consolidation and processing support as required.
- Check and audit payroll and end to end payroll processing for multiple companies.
- Administer strong understanding of payroll systems, regulations and forms to maintain policies and procedures.
- Projects as required such as process improvement and standardization of payroll systems.
- Calculations and reconciliation of personal sales commissions and bonus.
- Manage day to day calculation and payments of terminations, payroll garnishments and accurate cost allocations.
- Preparation and reconciliation of payment summaries.
- Manages payroll queries and the resolution of payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Management of staff records and payroll information including updating, archiving and filing.
- Manages HRIS staff to effectively and efficiently design, configure, test, implement, extend and support HR systems.
- Manage all HRIS and database activity in Workforce Now to ensuring payroll accuracy and HRIS integrity.
- Oversee all reporting within the department and ensure compliance.
- Build and prepare reports for Finance and HR as needed using ADP Reporting (including overtime, payroll, tax, etc.)
- Manage attendance tracking and assist associates with inquiries as needed
- Assist in preparation of salary spreadsheet for budget and annual review in liaison with the CFO and the HR VP
- Prepare headcount & turnover reports, and provide various analysis versus budget
- Process internal monthly audits
- Research State/Labor laws to ensure compliance
- Preparation of ad hoc reports as required.
- Provide high level support to the Finance functions and data analysis using Excel.
- Assist in the development of training materials (documentation, guidelines, procedures, etc.) as well as leading training programs.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to supervise the accuracy of others’ work product.
- Ability to create, review and supply policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance with HR and cross-departmental needs.
- Ability to process efficiently and accurately at a high-volume meeting scheduled deadline.
- Leading by maintaining a diligent and service focused collaborative approach.
- Maintains team member confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Team leadership ability to supervise, train and develop direct reports.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: The Payroll Manager will manage the payroll team and report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Previous experience managing the processing of high volume payroll for multi-state/multi-location
- Comprehensive knowledge of ADP payroll systems (Workforce Now and eTime).
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Prior experience processing web-based time and attendance system
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with pivot tables and vlookup
- Ability to interact with team members and business partners in a professional manner
- Must have a strong work ethic and be a self-starter, detail oriented, professional, reliable and organized
- Multi-functional responsibility inside companies with heavy process orientation
- Operates with high integrity, builds trust, quickly wins and sustains credibility in relationships with others; personally approachable
- Excellent payroll management skills, with the ability to detect issues and provide analysis to senior leaders.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in higher accuracy and compliance
- Strong track record of implementing and executing tactics to achieve key strategic initiatives
- Results oriented and achievement motivated
2) Required Experience:
- College degree preferred
- 8-10+ years in a Payroll leadership role
- Management experience in a growth company with a considerable number of moving pieces
3) Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit or stand for up to 8 hours. The team member occasionally sits, walks, kneels and reaches with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.