Manager, Quality Engineering
Santa Monica, CA
Reports to: QA Director
What will you be doing as a Quality Engineering Manager?
Lead and mentor a diverse team of Quality Engineers to develop innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions in the areas of Automation, Performance Engineering, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Service Virtualization, Shift Left/Shift Right, TDM, TEM, etc.
- Drive continual improvements to the Quality Engineering practice and instill a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Provide technical leadership to the team by architecting solutions, helping to resolve technical problems and challenges, and establishing design and coding standards.
- Work closely with the Director of QA/QE to build out and execute on a roadmap that is aligned to our business objectives as well as the Enterprise Technology team’s objectives.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of Quality Engineering solutions into the SDLC
- Maintaining, supporting and extending our existing in-house automation framework and automation suite.
- Researching and staying up to date on the latest tools, technologies, trends, and approaches with the QE space and incorporating the ones that make sense.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- A minimum of 7 years of diverse experience developing solutions within the QA/QE space that have been used to achieve quality at speed
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Leader managing high performing technical teams
- A proven track record of designing, developing, and implementing Test Automation solutions across a portfolio of applications using a variety of tools and frameworks.
- Extensive experience applying Performance Engineering techniques across the SDLC to improve the performance of Web, Mobile, API, and ERP systems
- A strong passion for quality, high level of attention to detail, and the proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience using tools, frameworks and languages like Java, JMeter, Jenkins, Sauce Labs, GIT, SQL, Selenium, Dynatrace, Loom, SonarQube, etc.,
- The ability to clearly articulate and present technical ideas to a technical and non-technical audience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Experience with configuring build tools, and setting up a CI/CD pipeline
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, negotiation, persuasion, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent