The Data Technician position requires applicants to have a strong set of ethics, ability to work under rigid deadlines and occasional erratic schedules. We place a strong emphasis on working and cooperating with internal and external teams. Engineering strives to provide 24/7 hour service to our clients, vendors and production crews.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Provide prompt and secure handling of encrypted and multi-formatted data from clients to and from our internal network.
· Collaborating with various staff, logging into various file transfer systems to download files, including troubleshooting issues with hard drives and network. Working knowledge of Isilon and Sohonet a Plus.
· Communicating with IT issues with file transferring, programs used by Data and hardware issues. Using Siginant and Aspera a Plus.
· Receiving materials from a variety of sources, logging and tracking all materials, communicating with internal team as well as other production teams on materials received and being delivered.
· Performing QC checks on copies and transfers of incoming and outgoing materials.
· Assist with light IT, monitoring and troubleshooting duties as needed.
· Ability to work under rigid deadlines and occasional erratic schedules.
· Must have excellent clerical skills and attention to detail.
· Can communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written English.
· Basic knowledge of Linux, Mac and PC navigation.
· Comfortable with a command-line or terminal interface with basic DOS or Unix command line knowledge.
· Ability to multi-task. Must be able to work as a team.
· Experience with the following: FTP, RDP, VNC, running Python/batch scripts and Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field. Python scripting experience. Prior experience in a similar capacity (including render-wrangling) in the media and entertainment industry.