We are looking for a VP Software Engineer to lead engineering initiatives as we continue to build product and services. In this role, you will be part of the leadership team, reporting into the CEO, and working on a variety of product initiatives including the development of data exchanges, re-development of our API’s to meet new business requirements, working closely with strategic partners on cross functional initiatives. You will have the opportunity to be a part of the leadership team at a fast growing data company that is changing the way data is used in the $3 Billion background screening industry .
- 5+ years of software development experience, specifically web development with .NET.
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Git)
- Responsible for full technical product development cycle from researching, spec’ing, developing, testing and production
- Expert in RESTful API’s, C# and ASP.net. Build API’s to better access a variety of datasets. Excellent understanding of leveraging third-party APIs and optimum architecture for an efficient design.
- Understand Token Bases Authentication (JWT Tokens)
- Familiarity with Cloud services (Azure)
- Design secure code with a focus on re-usability, readability, modularity, etc.
- Collaborate with Product and Architects to design, scope and build new features
- Build new user-facing features, the infrastructure to scale it, and test for optimal throughput and uptime.
- Contribute to internal tools to help improve workflow and increase efficiency
- Strong drive for meeting deliverables and understanding of priorities to meet the business and client needs
- Support the Software Development teams as needed.
- Strong knowledge of Web APIs / HTTP / REST / XML / JSON
- Knowledge and well versed in available client-side technologies, tools, and libraries such as (but not limited to); jQuery and jQuery UI
- Experience with high volume B2B web-based applications.
- Experience working in Agile/Lean development environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to take direction, work well as part of a team, and independently.
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- An experienced understanding of object-oriented development and design skills with UML experience.
- Expertise in running Agile teams