Perform a variety of accounting and reporting duties associated with the operations of the management company and other general partnerships and ventures that the Company's principals have an ownership interest. The objective of the position is to ensure that the financial accounting and reporting and tax schedules are prepared in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Bank reconciliations and various treasury functions, including bank liaison and monitoring of cash accounts for multiple entities.
- Perform month-end close calculations and journal entries including monthly cost allocation entries for overhead and acquisition charges.
- Analysis of monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, and reconciliation of various accounts, and various employee payroll and benefit accounting.
- Analysis of intercompany transactions to ensure amounts have been accurately recorded between various related entities.
- Review and analysis of financial statements for all entities for accuracy and make any necessary adjusting entries.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow statements following the month-end close and thereafter update the participation calculations.
- Maintenance of spreadsheets to support financial transactions and analysis of various general ledger accounts.
- Monitoring of pending acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and other major company transactions with constant awareness of its accounting impact.
- Assist in preparation of audit work papers for interim and year-end audits with outside auditors.
- Assist in preparation of various tax schedules including tax projections for multiple entities.
- Prepare annual insurance policy renewals and gather required documentation requested by broker.
- Miscellaneous tasks and/or projects as assigned. Please note the duties noted above are subject to change at the discretion of management.
- Strong analytical skills and able to demonstrate a “can-do” attitude.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently.
- Self-starter with solid organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and able to reprioritize projects when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Excel proficiency. Advanced knowledge in Excel using pivot tables and macros a plus.
- Experience in MRI accounting software a plus.
- Partnership or Real Estate accounting experience a plus.
- BA/BS in Accounting required
- 5 to 8 years of experience with significant accounting responsibilities.
- CPA license or public accounting experience in auditing or tax a plus