We give an editorial voice to the brand by creating authentic digital content that engages audiences through compelling subject matter and high-quality visual appeal.
This mission is particularly challenging in media landscape crowded by increased competition from streaming services, social media, and brands competing for our consumer’s time. To remain a dominant force in content marketing we seek an innovative Sports Channel Manager to tell our Brand’s story on social platforms who has a proven track record of creating compelling content experiences and finding the right audiences.
The Sports Publishing Specialist is responsible for day-to-day content management, publishing, and optimization on all social platforms. Overseen by the Manager of Channel Management, this role works hand-in-hand with the Sports Programming team to execute their content calendar, implement best platform practices in compliance with company’s guidelines, test & evaluate publishing techniques, execute audience marketing campaigns, ensure SEO superiority, and support audience & content measurement. This role sits at the intersection of digital strategy, content creation, and insights to develop best in class social destinations that make our brand relevant to new & younger audiences.
- Oversee Day-To-Day Sports Content Publishing
- Publish all content direct to managed social accounts and pages.
- Deliver against the Sports Programming calendar with consistent brand tone and voice
- Implement Global Social brand guidelines and evaluate potency for US audience.
- Spur audiences to action by offering them meaningful follow-on experiences
- Lead community management + engagement initiatives to up sell audiences to visit website, purchase tickets, and create logins.
- Work cross-functionally with Live Production, Paid Media, Programming, and regional business units
- Partner with Community, Communications, and leverage Athlete relationships to publish athlete generated content and celebrate gritty, local, and innovative stories to amplify brand reach.
- Generate video thumbnails and execute micro-video projects per platform specs as needed.
- Evaluate opportunities for platform optimization based on data-driven insights
- Build/maintain social + publishing playbooks to streamline event driven activations for non-social leads.
- Social Expert
- Identify new social trends and opportunities to spark viral conversation and work cross functionally with Sports Programming to develop new formats
- Utilize the functionality and toolset of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Snapchat, Musical.ly, and Reddit to create maximum content impact
- Implement rigorous strategies for tagging, SEO, cross posting/promotion, copyright management, copywriting, thumbnails, and partner collaborations
- Live stream operations: configuration, encoding, redundancies, promotional tools
- Highly capable social copywriter with a focus on SEO, growth tactics, A/B testing
- 3+ years hands-on operations of social/owned platforms for a major brand or media network
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Keen eye for boundary-pushing action sports content
- Experience with social platform CMS, capabilities, live streaming, copyright management
- Strong planning, project execution, and analytical competencies
- Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal and presentations
- Ability to work flexible hours/days of the week at times
- Intermediate Photoshop & video editing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Advertising, Communications) or relevant work experience