We are looking for a technical, entrepreneurial-minded product visionary to help us create solutions that modernize the traditional financial services industry. You will roadmap and execute on an exciting new platform that will simplify, automate and facilitate access to financial markets alongside experienced technologists and industry SMEs.
The role is for someone who is customer-obsessed and keen on applying modern technology to replace monolithic and hard-to-access incumbent systems. Along the way you learn about the problem space and reimagine the solution. This person will define, sell, and communicate the product vision; define and prioritize requirements, drive alignment around product initiatives, produce go-to-market plans and execute with high-performing teams.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team with the urgency of a startup and expertise of an established organization. We are a flat organization which will afford you the ability to gain access to personnel and resources necessary to execute on your product vision. It is a privately-held organization focused on delivering long-term value rather than short-term gains. This translates to a focus on bringing solutions for an industry and not bespoke products. Due to the space we innovate in, your products will process billions of transactions per day, in real-time, and power both startup and established industry participants.
You will report to the [VP of Product Management] working closely with the engineering and across the organization.
· Envision, communicate, and drive the product's go-to-market strategy
· Create and maintain product visions and roadmaps
· Frequently engage with internal and external customers to identify pain points, needs, and opportunities
· Regularly evaluate product-market fit and maintain the living product roadmaps
· Calculate cost-of-delay for all proposed initiatives
· Evangelize product vision internally and externally
· Communicate the product vision across the organization
· Engage with Marketing, Design, and Engineering teams to design, build, and deploy solutions
· Develop user stories, map features and user flows, and define acceptance criteria
· Maintain a shovel-ready backlog for technical resources
· Provide functional domain expertise in the business process areas of responsibility
· Partner with Engineering to refine scope and ideal implementation method with given constraints and tradeoffs
· Provide continual feedback on resources requirements
· Document product functionality and train internal teams
· Conduct internal and external usability testing, training, on features and products
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other math, science, or engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years product management experience
· Experience with SCRUM/Agile development
· Experience building cross platform SAAS products: mobile, web, and tablet preferably in time-critical applications
· Proven track record of leading functional groups, defining, documenting, delivering and measuring value
· High level knowledge of application architecture including concepts of authentication, web server, database servers, task servers, firewalls, monitoring systems, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment with uncertain variables
· Experience in the financial services industry, experience in back office applications and processing a plus