Job title: QA Analyst
Contract Length: 6 months- 1 year
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in the CS. Master’s degree in the CS preferred
- QA Analyst will be responsible for designing, creating, and maintaining test plans and cases, documenting results, reporting & tracking software defects. Experience working on the large enterprise-level applications is required.
- Must have good analytical and troubleshooting skills. Will work closely with developers and thus must be conversant in the vocabulary and conceptual framework of object-oriented programming.
- Must be very detail-oriented, with good communication skills, and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. Must be a team-player, but capable working independently with little or no supervision at all.
- There will also be an extensive interaction with business users because of the support responsibilities that a QA Analyst will be tasked with to support the existing software applications.
- Must be self-sufficient, capable of managing the entire QA effort and effectively partition time between several ongoing projects in various stages of development.
- Must be technical, proficient with SQL to a certain degree, comfortable retrieving and inserting and manipulating data in the databases with extensive and complex schemas.
- Reports directly to the QA Manager.
- 5-7 years of experience in software quality assurance testing enterprise-level application(s)
- Proven record working for the companies in the United States
- Thorough knowledge of the QA and SDLC processes and methodologies
- Experience working in the Agile development environment
- Experience with testing APIs is a plus
- Experience using TFS/VSTS (Team Foundation Server), MTM (Microsoft Test Manager) and other similar project management, bug-tracking and test management application
- Experience with black-box and grey-box testing at the system level, functional, integration and regression test levels
- Experience authoring test cases from prototypes, technical specifications, requirement documents, acceptance criteria and business use cases
- Knowledge of SQL is preferable
- Following an established formal testing methodology
Knowledge of broadcast industry, including programming, advertising sales, and commercial administration, and experience working with technical specifications, functional specifications and/or system requirements documents