Notable legal firm in Los Angeles with offices throughout the country and offices in Bejing as well as Hong Kong is looking for a Business Analyst to assist with ad-hoc financial analysis, preparation of statistical reports and special projects related to client statistics, firm financial metrics and profitability analysis. Other job functions include, but are not limited to,
• Assist with completion of industry surveys and departmental reports.
• Assist in the development and preparation of cost/price proposals in response to RFP requirements while ensuring compliance with firm policies.
• Answer questions that may arise regarding reports and analyses.
• Assist attorneys with producing matter budgets and estimates. Assist with maintenance of budgets.
• Create reports which allow attorneys to monitor a matter’s progress against a budget.
• Maintain detailed files to support pricing proposals and matter budgets.
• Other special projects and analysis, as needed.
SPECIFIC SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Strong technical skills, including Elite, Business Objects, MS Excel and MS-SQL to gather data and organize and build reports to facilitate effective analysis.
• Ability to read and write SQL queries.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Must be service oriented, well organized and able to multi-task.
• Ability to work well with individuals across all levels of the firm.
• Ability to work independently and learn new tasks quickly.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 3+ years’ experience.
• Proficient in Elite or Aderant, Business Objects and advanced proficiency in MS Excel.