- 5-7+ years in Accounting/Finance function (basic accounting function, debits/credits)
- Solid understanding/ experience with (full cycle accounting), GL, AP, AR, GAAP
- Experience in HR ideal- payroll processing (can train onboarding)
- Experience in medical/ production/manufacturing environment accounting (cost accounting)
- Experience creating/developing/implementing new process and procedures
- Ability to collaborate with execs and advise corporate strategy
- Ability to provide decision making strategy with leadership/ management
- Financial forecasting and planning, Revenue Recognition
- public/private mix (ideal)
Education: BA CS/ Engineering/ or finance/accounting & related,
- Can implement and develop efficient organizational strategy/ business operations.
- Re-evaluate and assess current processes and procedures, identify gaps/ where lacking and provide solution in Accounting Dept/ HR.
- Experience with Accounting & Finance (using MAS90)
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Month End reporting.
- Journal entries for salaries, wages, deductions, benefits quarterly & year-end payroll returns.
- Manage calculations: benefits, pension deductions, travel, expense reimbursements, fixed assets.
- Managed Revenue Recognition, GAAP compliance; SOX compliance
- Strategic & Operational Planning – Evaluated finance process for duplication of effort and effectiveness.
- Experience with HR/ Business Administration (willing to train)
- Benefits and compensation administration, Retirement services, HR records management, HR policies development and legal compliance.
- Experience with Payroll Administration (using Paychex)
- Experience with standard in-house and outsourced payroll from start to finish.
- Multi-State Employment tax knowledge - local, state & federal regulations
- Calculate, file, deposit and reconcile payroll taxes, federal income and unemployment taxes, social security/Medicare, state income & unemployment taxes, state disability insurance, local income taxes.
- Liaising with employees and state and federal entities concerning tax queries. Conduct payroll training at new hire orientations. Benefit administration, human resources and retirement service (willing to train)
Background: Medical Device/ Technology or Manufacturing/Production & Engineering