With limited supervision, develops, tests debugs, maintains and documents information systems applications. Applies programming and testing techniques and tools, code walk-thoughts and audits, program testing and debugging. Executes complete life cycle for complex application components based on functional requirements.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Very strong Java development skills and can develop quickly using modern tools.
- In-depth knowledge of computer science software engineering principals including: algorithms, memory structures, abstract data types including collections and others, service oriented architecture, mvc, polymorphism, logic, regular expressions, etc.
- Comfortable working in a streamlined agile development model and scrum methodology.
- Excels in application architecture and design, problem solving skills, strategic thinking, and working in a team oriented environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required as well as strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
- Candidate must be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and application architecture.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Primary technologies: WebLogic, Hibernate, REST
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required
- 3 to 5 years of JEE development experience.
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Java, JEE, SQL, Maven, Hibernate, MVC, EJB, MDB, REST/Jersey, SOAP/WebServices, XML/XSD, JSON, JSP, JDBC, SLF4J
- JEE Design patterns.
- High complexity enterprise applications.
- Work directly with the business and end-users to support, identify, troubleshoot and resolve applications issues including root cause analysis
- Application development experience on large RDBMS based business applications.
- Team player willing to jump in and lend a hand where needed.
- Insurance experience with workers compensation policy and claims a plus (other financial experience also a plus)
- Experience with Hudson and/or Jenkins
- Experience with following technologies a plus:
- Oracle, Advanced SQL, PL/SQL