The Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence will be responsible for the complete life-cycle of the development and Support of Business Intelligence Tools. The supported Application domains include Data Warehousing, Data transformation and Reporting Tools, Integrations and Data extracts. The goal is to support the data and integration needs that bring together key Enterprise Apps to facilitate data driven decision making. The leader will own Corporate Business relationships and partner with key business functions while managing an internal team coupled with external contract resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently follow the I-Serve standards at all times.
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings, keep the workplace in safe condition, and work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to attendance policy and report to workstation at scheduled start time.
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or procedures.
- The Sr. Manager of Business Intelligence will focus on strategic development and operation of the BI/data warehousing practice, including managing staffing requirements, optimizing processes and technology, and ensuring a high availability BI/data warehouse platform.
- He/She will also work closely with business executives and stakeholders in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support analytics solutions to deliver essential information to satisfy their information needs.
- Develop & Maintain trusting relationships with the Corporate Business Leadership & their Organizations
- Formalize IT Service Delivery via SLAs and other metrics visible to IT & our Business Partners
- Partner with peer IT organizations to leverage platform, PMO, GRC & QA tools & services to promote consistency across the IT landscape
- Participate in Enterprise IT Initiatives beyond Corporate Solutions by volunteering & demonstrating enthusiasm to help foster change
Strategy & Planning
- Provide direction for Solutions which include In-house Apps, 3rd Party Apps & Cloud Apps
- Develop & Maintain a Strategy for a holistic synergistic Corporate View where individual solutions are integrated, and a roadmap is steered for further future consolidation for simplicity & adequate cost of ownership
- Continuous review of resource optimization while maintaining skill & capacity
- Present formal status to multiple audience levels in IT and the Corporate business community
- Foster a culture of Ownership & Accountability within the Organization
- Actively provide employee career pathing & employee development opportunities as established by the IT Leadership team
- Provide Strategic thinking in Corporate solutioning as well as general IT industry trends
- Ensure the efficient utilization of data resources across different business units and global locations (if applicable).
- Oversee all reports, dashboards, and information artifacts.
- Develop global maintenance schedules for BI and data warehousing systems.
- Develop business intelligence center of excellence (BI CoE).
- Facilitate system feasibility studies, proof of concepts, pilot project, and testing.
- Examine, refine, and develop BI metrics.
- Ensure best practices are established for effective problem resolution for a high availability, 24/7, global environment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all key BI and data management policies and procedures, including those for BI/EDW architecture, data centers, standards, purchasing, monitoring, and service provision.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of BI/EDW systems, including data architecture, data integration, high availability, security, and data privacy.
- Define the short- and long-term strategies for the corporate BI/analytics program to ensure effective delivery of information that meets current and future requirements.
- Approve purchase of equipment and supplies to meet operational requirements of the business.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the BI/EDW architecture.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest data technologies and solutions in support of future data management efforts.
- Develop requests for proposal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements following this paragraph are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Min of 10 years in general IT Industry experience
- Min of 5 years in IT Leadership Roles
- Min of 5 years in demonstrated experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Demonstrated experience in Full IT Life Cycle development from Requirements to Post Implementation Support
- Demonstrated skills in Partnering with Business Leaders to build & maintain Delivery Excellence driven relationships
- Demonstrated experience in presentation via MS PowerPoint to communicate Roadmaps, Status, New Ideas, Risk Mitigation and Business Cases
- Demonstrated experience in Service Delivery Management including SLA, Status Metrics & Resource Flexing to manage peak times
- Familiarity with Off-shore staffing for staff augmentation or managed services
- Familiarity with SSRS, Data Warehousing, Tableau are a major plus
- Familiarity with leading task forces beyond core responsibilities to help usher in new technologies & techniques
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of data management systems, data warehousing methodology, data quality, data modelling, data governance, analytics, and predictive modeling
- Strong technical knowledge of current data management trends, including Hybrid Cloud, Data Protection, Stewardship and Governance, Master Data Management, Near Real time analytics, Managed B2B Data.
- Proven experience in building and managing virtual teams.
- Knowledge and prior experience on Toad Data Modeler (data architecture), MS SQL Server (data warehouse), MS Visual Studio (integrated development environment), MS SSRS (reporting), MS SSIS (data integration), MS SSMS (database development), MS TFS (version control), Tableau Desktop and Online (reporting), Jira (backlog and project management)
- Proven experience in BI/data warehousing planning and development including know how on future trends such as Power BI, MS Azure Data Factory & Python for predictive analytics
- Experience in successfully using project management tools to execute large scale global projects. Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate to the business community.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Proven experience developing business cases and departmental budgets.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have an BS or BA Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study.
- Valid passport needed for travel overseas.