PURPOSE AND PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a key member of the product team, this individual will be interpreting customer and internal quality requirements and assuring the existing systems for such are compliant. Will participate in design reviews and review primary documents against customer requirements, and define quality, inspection and special gauge or tool requirements. Will develop quality plans and team with Business Unit Manager during proposal phase to address quality requirements. Also reviews manufacturing planning for incorporation of inspection and test points and determine special gauging requirements. Develops inspection planning for receiving, in-process, assembly, final and test inspection.
- Participate in Design reviews, review primary documents against customer requirements, define quality, inspection and special gauge or tool requirements.
- Participate as a member of the Change Review Board to assure acceptability of changes to primary documents.
- Review manufacturing planning for incorporation of inspection and test points and determine special gauging requirements.
- Develop inspection planning for receiving, in-process, assembly, final and test inspection.
- Design or modify acceptance gauging and approve new gauge design or modifications.
- Conduct hardware non-conformance investigations and follow-up.
- Participate on Continuous Process Improvement Teams.
- Conduct internal audits of Quality system.
- Participate or facilitate customer and AS9100 audits.
- Perform trend analysis on product issues and corrective actions.
- Review supplier purchase orders, ratings, and corrective actions.
- Develop quality plans and teams with Business Unit Manager during proposal phase.
- Support departmental and Company training objectives and furthers the development of Quality Engineers.
- Acts as Quality Department Representative on Material Review Board (MRB).
- Assumes responsibility for customer Quality issues on assigned product team(s).
- Assure flow-down of special requirements.
- Trained by Quality Manager and/or Quality Director.
- Write technical procedures and Acceptance Test Plans
- Coordinate and perform First Article Inspections per AS9102
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or closely related field
- Some industry experience in mechanical, electrical or quality engineering required
- Training as Internal or Lead Auditor preferred
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong analytical and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Exposure to mechanical and/or electrical inspection techniques and thorough understanding of AS9100 Quality systems and problem solving.
- Fluent with quality concepts and systems, especially root cause/corrective action methodologies such as 8D and 5 Why processes.
- Strong technical writing skills and strong ability to use products such as MS Excel to perform data analysis and reporting.
- Strong team building and leadership skills.