Responsible for: Manufacturing departments or sections involving skilled machine operations, assembly, test or similar activities. Manages and has primary responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the departments or sections assigned. Creates a team environment through effective communication throughout the company. Manages/Grows employees to their fullest potential. Coordinates area activities to ensure scheduled compliance and monthly financial objectives.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Organize and assign work to ensure effective use of manpower and facilities.
2. Maintain required quality levels and adhere to AS9100 manufacturing standard. Responsible for assigned corrective actions.
3. Correct or cause to have corrected conditions detrimental to safety or health or that might adversely affect employees, the facilities, equipment or productivity levels.
4. Maintain good housekeeping practices.
5. Interview, hire, train and evaluate manufacturing employees; discipline; ensure adherence to company policies and regulations. Coach and grow employees to achieve maximum effectiveness of all efforts.
6. Handle employee complaints.
7. Execute applicable provisions of the labor agreement and maintain good employee relations.
8. Work with manufacturing engineering and other departments, to improve productivity including routing methods and processes.
9. Keep current on operating techniques and maintain complete working knowledge of job descriptions for areas supervised; recommend necessary changes.
10. Maintain equipment, tools, and supplies; keep current on new developments; recommend acquisition or replacement. Participate in the selection and justification of capital equipment.
11. Keep age sensitive materials in manufacturing compliant to shelf life requirements.
12. Oversee compliance to calibration requirement of manufacturing test and measurement tools.
13. Must have good oral, written communications and have a high level of moral and ethical codes.
14. Drive continuous improvement of the department through identification and execution of productivity projects.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent related manufacturing experience. Seven or more years related experience.