The Industrial Engineer leads and promotes efficient operational methods and equipment that will boost company's overall production performance.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Leads capital projects (such as Retort Exchange, Waste Water Upgrades, etc.) to completion within schedule, budget, and scope and ensures shareholders’ expectations are met
- Delivers professional project management, scopes of work, RFQs and cost estimates with estimated timelines for implementation
- Prepares well written clear Business Cases, verbally presents them and justifies qualifications to undertake capital projects or expansions
- Guides the work of 3rd Party suppliers/ vendors to ensure compliance to Juanita’s standards
- Identifies and implement efficiency improvements for work processes including tooling, facility layout, and processes to optimize repair and manufacturing performance
- Investigates and communicates to senior leadership team purchase of new equipment to replace or improve production and develops ROI to support acquisition
- Directs and manages the maintenance department to ensure:
- Functional and productive layouts of equipment
- Maintenance of equipment is scheduled and completed
- Parts inventory
- Labor is allocated efficiently
- Develops and implements KPI’s to ensure goals and measurements are met
- Proactively finds and promotes business improvement opportunities such as economic return, quality/process improvement, capacity increase, etc.
- Creates CAD drawings to ensure documentation of equipment and processes
- Establishes clear plan and course of action to accomplish a specific goal. Improve individual department credibility by maintaining professional integrity and communication
Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent field
- BS in Mechanical, Food Technology, Food Science Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical engineering or food processing industry
- Proficient in CAD tools and understanding of process flow diagrams
- Good understanding of HACCP and food GMPs.
- Self-motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills and good organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse, dynamic, cross functional team
- Strong visual, written, verbal communication skills
- Project management and presentation skills
- Ability to positively influence, coach and develop a maintenance team
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision
- Bilingual Spanish a plus