MANAGER OF CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATION
Responsible for all segments (systems, procedures and oversight) of the contracts administration function either directly or through subordinates. Ensures that contracts with customers are fulfilled satisfactorily and that favorable relationships with customers are maintained. Major duties include: (1) developing, maintaining / updating department contract management and Sales Order Entry systems, procedures and policies, (2) coordination / communication with other departments regarding systems, procedures and policies, (3) providing interpretation of contract provisions, (4) coordinating with legal advisor when appropriate, (5) screening and processing customer inquiries to ensure prompt handling and customer liaison, (6) review of outgoing proposals (price, management and technical), and (7) supervision, management and training of subordinates. Subordinates may also monitor progress of work performed under the contract, prepare periodic reports and estimate completion dates. Participate in the development of proposals, negotiation of new contracts and renegotiation of existing contracts, providing support to the sales organization.
Various levels of Contract Administrators and support roles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the management and administration of company contracts. Performs / oversees negotiations, monitors cost and schedule status, prepares/assists with Estimates to Complete and takes actions to correct problem areas when identified. May serve as program manager for select programs.
1. Ensures that up-to-date systems and procedures for the effective management of company contracts are in place and being followed.
2. Ensure compliance with all contract terms and conditions, export and ITAR laws and regulations.
3. Works with customers to achieve balanced and fair contract terms that do not place undo business risk upon the company. Monitors status and delivery performance of all active contracts.
4. Reviews and approves outgoing proposals and quotations for compliance with company / corporate policies and procedures.
5. Conducts and/or supervises contract negotiations.
6. Ensures that contract administration files are current, accurate, complete and well-documented;
7. Serves as a source for advice, counsel and guidance on all contractual matters such as contract law, government procurement policies and regulations.
8. Disseminates information and facilitates communication with other functional departments in meeting contract requirements; resolves competing resource requirements.
9. Supports processing of license requests.
10. Assists in the preparation of teaming agreements, Proprietary Data Exchange Agreements, etc.
11. Identifies mandatory flow-down Terms and Conditions and provides this information to the Contracts group.
12. Monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with terms and conditions, on-time shipment and performance within established budgets. Works with the Program Management POC to implement corrective actions as necessary.
13. Coordinates proper and timely closeout of completed contracts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university or equivalent: and 5-7 years related experience and/or training. Experience must include managing DoD contracts and operating as a lead negotiator. Proposal preparation experience desired. Certification a plus. Requires 1-2 years supervisory experience.