The System Administrator will be responsible for building, maintaining, upgrading, and enhancing the Bank’s IT infrastructure that provides mission critical services to the institution. This role is responsible for the overall stability and security of the Bank's network. In addition, this position will maintain and monitor internal and external security threats, maintain an emergency backup system for critical servers, lead projects from planning to implementation, vendor management and implementing and supporting new technology or applications. The System Administrator will be the primary contact for internal basic or complex PC and network troubleshooting, researching issues, laptops, and telephones.
The System Administrator stays up to date on new technologies and works with other teams to implement new hardware and software for the environment. The individual works independently and will be expected to generate and maintain subject matter expertise on multiple Bank systems. The individual will need the ability to analyze and devise solutions to business needs using a broad set of deep systems and application knowledge. That expertise will be used to advise hardware/software teams and vendor contacts on the appropriate system requirements for high performance, compatibility, and ease of support of the applications.
1. Provide administrative support for Windows servers in a highly available, 24x7 enterprise environment.
2. Responsible for providing the highest level of technical service and satisfaction for basic or complex PC and network troubleshooting, researching issues, which may include software, hardware systems, laptops, and telephones.
3. Understanding of typical IT support-oriented service level agreements and how to achieve SLA results.
4. Analyze the root cause of incidents through problem management process.
5. Create in-depth documentation of processes and system configuration; using Visio, knowledge management tools, Spiceworks.
6. Ensure the safety and soundness of the Bank infrastructure by consistently evaluating user access, administrator access and management of high-security folder access.
7. Daily security, report reviews and monthly patch management oversight and other certifications that may be assigned.
8. Provide and receive cross training from immediate support team.
9. Drive Continual Service Improvement for ongoing issues.
10. Manage vendor relationships to insure that:
a. Planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment occurs in accordance with the Bank's strategic plan, Information Security Policy and procedures
b. network is maintained by network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendors, or the department head in a timely manner.
c. The network is secure by developing network access, monitoring, control, and maintaining documentation
11. Identify opportunities for system automation and process improvement.
12. Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential. Responsible for the privacy and safeguarding of client and employee information
13. Responsible for maintaining the Bank’s IT Business Continuity Plan and annual required testing for the department.
14. Responsible for ensuring nightly backups of systems and data occurred successfully; testing restoration from backups on a routine bases; maintaining evidence of tests and reviews of successful completion.
Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field preferred.
Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in system design, administration, application software operations.
Minimum 5-10 years’ experience providing end-user support for corporate applications in a networked environment.
Minimum of 3 years coordinating team efforts in a project or operations environment.
Thorough Best Practice knowledge of Cisco Networking (Switching and Routing), Microsoft networking (NLB), Storage.
MCSE, CCNA, CCA, and other certifications are a plus.
Experience with Microsoft Azure.
Exposure to banking or financial services software systems preferred.
Able to maintain and administer multiple systems through Full System Life Cycle including installation and configuration, patching, upgrading, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
Understanding of local and wide area networks, protocol and simple network troubleshooting preferred.
Ability to independently manage and lead technical projects starting with requirements gathering through design and implementation, architect and lead implementation of various IT infrastructure initiatives, and participate in support by providing problem resolutions as needed.
Ability to administer wide range of Citrix products including Citrix XenApp versions 6.5 or higher, XenDesktop/VDI a plus, Citrix StoreFront, Netscaler (physical or VPX), Citrix Provisioning Services, Director monitoring, VMWare 6.5 or at least Citrix running on a virtual host (VCP cert a plus), MS AD especially setting Citrix policy using GPOs, Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) a plus.
Administer wide range of MS and third-party server products including MS SQL, MS PKI, MS WDM, IIS, Cisco CUCM, Dell Equallogic, Tegile, ePolicy Orchestrator, Mobile Device Management and Web Gateway appliances.
Minimum of one year experience supporting Apple iPads, iTunes, and Apple applications.
Prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity, effectively managing the resolution of all issues, while proactively communicating with management to prevent undo risk.
The capability to independently manage projects and meet deadlines of various sizes with management, vendors, and other individuals involved while ensuring on-time completion.
Requires a sense of urgency, while being flexible and working effectively in a team environment.
Physical ability to climb, crawl around property and lift computer equipment (50+ lbs) as necessary to perform duties.
Excellent resolution, communication, and interpersonal skills, including oral and written skills to communicate effectively and professionally with business relationships and internal clients.
Present professional image.
Afterhours and weekend on-call duties. Must be willing to work holidays, weekends and evenings to cover emergency or back-up support. Occasional travel may be required.
Perform other duties and special projects as needed and/or assigned.
The Bank reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, the Bank, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor.
Employee must comply with all applicable Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-money laundering laws and regulations, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and Safeguarding Client Information, all Bank policies and procedures, and any other applicable banking laws and regulations.