Informational Technology is at the center of business operations. Through utilizing cutting edge technology and constantly striving to bring innovation to the table, we collaborate with all departments to enhance and facilitate internal and external customer service. Made up of small cohesive teams that value face to face interactions, our approach involves a lot of self-directed and focused people who come together to deliver outstanding results. In addition, we support career advancement through a dedication to ongoing learning and development. An individual coming to here will not only receive competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, but continuous opportunities to grow as a professional.
Provides architectural vision, design, and execution for all our IT systems. Primary functions are to define the architectural principles used to guide technology decisions, ensure that product and project implementations conform to architectural direction, and conceptualize, design, and assist in the implementation of new systems, technical architectures, and components. Develops technological road maps, while keeping up to date with emerging technologies, and recommends directions based on these technologies.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input/output requirements to design application systems to perform well logically and physically.
- Provide leadership to the Architectural COE, which is the governing board responsible for owning, defining, developing, documenting, and maintaining the overarching architecture for us.
- Conceptualize, design, and assist in the implementation of new systems, technical architectures, and components. Document technical design work, and communicate established architecture.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environments, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Work with project teams to architect, develop, and build development frameworks and business applications using JEE, WebLogic, Oracle RDMS, ESB’s, and other Object Oriented analysis and design techniques.
- Work with Business Analysts and Developers to convert requirements into technical specifications, and conduct code reviews.
- Provide functional domain experience/expertise to evolve application projects toward target architecture including key aspects such as scalability, availability, manageability, robustness, and performance (response times).
- Provide technical expertise during the selection of hardware, software, applications, and other technology products ensuring that solutions represent sound directions for customers and users and understand the subsequent growth of solutions.
- Work with technical staff to develop innovative solutions that meet business objectives and application requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adheres to architectural principles.
- Forms and maintains strong business and stakeholders partnership based on total transparency
- Establish auditing procedures to ensure continued system integrity and architectural conformance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Respond positively to direction and feedback on performance.
- Work productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis.
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Applies principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Seven years’ experience performing as an Architect with advanced software development and architectural skills in an environment with Java Enterprise technologies.
- Seven years’ experience with large-scale object-oriented software development implementing systems with attention to scalability, reliability, performance, and security.
- Experience with architectural abstractions, design patterns, frameworks and blueprints, object-oriented modeling principles (inheritance, polymorphism), and methods (use cases, sequence diagrams).
- Solid knowledge and experience with distributed computing and development environments, preferably Java.
- Deep understanding of database performance with respect to application design is critical.
- Experience developing in Python, particularly for systems automation
- Experience with managing systems in AWS including deployment and monitoring automation
- Experience working with Oracle or MySQL databases both on the design and SQL tuning is a plus..
- Experience in designing and building n-tier systems with complete understanding of hardware and software requirements, bandwidth, performance estimates, benchmarking, and tuning.
- Experience with full life-cycle development of large scale distributed systems in n-tier and client-server environments, an in-depth knowledge of server-side applications across multiple platforms, content management, deployment strategies, version control, and builds.
- Strong technical and business vision.
- Basic Linux commands and automation experience creating and using BASH scripts
- Prefer some Docker experience in production