Technology Operations department is responsible for developing and enhancing infrastructure and applications to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable computing environment.
Reporting to the CIO, the Systems & Network Engineering Manager will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new core infrastructure and system applications. As the Manager of the Technology Operations Systems & Engineering team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
This is a hands-on manager role. He/she will work with all IT teams to assist in the implementation, management, development and monitoring of the systems that supports the company's IT data integration initiatives. Strong people skills and the ability to balance a large work load is key.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 3 full time Systems and Network Administrators/Engineers
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of all systems.
- To proactively monitor all systems.th
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to enable informed decisions regarding resource management and capital expenditures.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving infrastructure and system issues.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of all systems, to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of infrastructure changes according to agreed established processes and procedures.
- operates a 24x7 transactional environment. On-call / off-hours support and deployments will be required.
Skills / Attributes Desired
- 2+ Years managing a team of 2-3 engineers/admins
- 6+ years of managing an enterprise Windows Server environment - Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Extensive experience with:
- Microsoft suite of applications, including clustering, SQL, AD, System Center, and Exchange
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Cisco UCS
- Enterprise Storage SAN/NAS
- System Virtualization with VMware vSphere and Horizon VDi
- High Availability, Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery, and data Security concepts as they relate to Systems architecture.
- Datacenter design – AC, power, security
- F5 Load Balancing (LTM/GTM)
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex issues quickly and efficiently, including identification of bottlenecks, performance tuning, etc
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on system projects
- Firm understanding of Information Security, Audit, and Compliance principles
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning systems to provide a highly available service.
- Strong knowledge of multi-Instance implementations and methodologies
- Vendor Management and negotiation experience