This is a technical leadership position within a fast-paced, rapidly-expanding, and dynamic managed services security provider. The information security architect is the senior most technical position within the company. They lead significant project efforts, influence enterprise business decisions, and collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organizations – internal and external. This individual will be part of a team that establishes security processes and tools while collaborating heavily with enterprise organizations to provide best is class services. Candidates will need to be very strong in cybersecurity and technology in general but will also need to have a specialty in Information Security Architecture and Network Security Architecture.
- Leads in securing enterprise information, systems, and development by developing and/or reviewing security requirements; planning, designing, and reviewing business and security systems; creates architectural artifacts; provides standards and governance oversight for the enterprise.
- Leads and participates in discovery efforts related to the introduction of new technologies.
- Defines security standards and leads in the use and adoption of frameworks that align with overall business and technology strategy.
- Maintain and update architecture systems of record.
- Participate and guide engineering and other subject matter experts on best practices.
- Leads in the governance and interpretation of architectural standards, design concepts, and frameworks.
- Monitors industry security updates, technologies, emerging threats, and best practices to improve security management.
- Designs and collaborates on solutions that balance business requirements with information and security requirements for both internal and client systems.
- Identifies security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements to existing processes or systems.
Should have practical experience or strong knowledge in the one of more of the following areas:
This roles at this requires a university / college degree.
- LAN/WAN network topologies and interworking (ie MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Virtual Private Network Solutions and Technology
- Network Security (ie UTM, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SBC, ACL, NAT), Experience with Next Gen Firewall (preferably Palo Alto Networks) a plus. Network Experience with Cisco a plus.
- Security Operations
- Risk management framework
- Identify and Access Management
- Systems Security
- Endpoint Protection
- Previous MSP/MSSP experience is a plus
Higher level education such as a Master’s degree is preferred.
Industry relevant experience is preferred at 10+ years.
In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.