The Security Analyst I works to prevent data and system integrity from unauthorized use or access. He/she will work to implement and enforce security policies and procedures, applying industry standards, available technologies and best practices. The candidate will work within the Security Operations Center to monitor and respond to threats and alerts primarily from malware and other sources. This individual will work within a team environment to provide actionable, accurate information that can be acted upon. Regular maintenance and support of malware analysis platforms and other tools as assigned.
- First to answer incoming events including phone calls, emails, and ticketing solution.
- Analyze and monitor the architecture for numerous key client initiatives in SIEM, Firewall (FW), Data Filtering (Web and Email), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), and other data sources.
- Perform security incident response and assist with incident investigation.
- Regularly review, modify, add, or remove filtering policies or controls.
- Assist other groups by providing log and troubleshooting information to resolve production issues.
- Perform regular account Audits and log review.
- Provide Information Security support on software, system, and network infrastructure projects.
- Identify security issues and vulnerabilities and provide recommended remediation.
- Regularly create and maintain high quality documentation for changes and procedures.
- On Call rotation and some off-hours/weekend work.
- Bachelor’s level degree or higher from accredited university with a degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or Engineering related degree.
- 2+ years Information Technology Experience.
- 1+ years of Information Security Experience.
- Have solid operational experience in enterprise level support.
- Have experience working with security software tools such as Palo Alto Firewalls, Splunk, Proofpoint Email Security, and Carbon Black EDR.
- Comptia Network+, Security+, Linux+
- CCNA-Security, CISSP, or other appropriate certifications.