We are seeking a highly motivated software developer to join our trading systems software development team. This is a unique opportunity to join a new & growing team responsible for transforming firm’s technology stack. Candidate must have strong hands-on technical expertise in configuration, development, and integration with front office OMS systems. Experience with Black Mountain Systems Everest is strongly preferred. Full-stack development, continuous integration practices are preferred.
Candidates must be able to translate business requirements into technical architectures, data models and designs. Candidates should have excellent client facing skills and be able to articulate technical issues.
Primary Function & Essential Responsibilities
- Hands-on development of critical business applications of the firm in front-office, middle-office and integrations areas
- Strong adherence to software development practices, continuous integration tooling, and agile development best practices
- Responsible for evaluating legacy application code and rapidly migrating to new technology platform
- Strong sense of ownership in developed software, building applications to scale, with highest quality code
- Responsible for effective communication and interaction with project teams
- Manage quality aspects of offshore and outsourced development initiatives. Responsible for peer code reviews as well as vendor code reviews.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong hands-on knowledge of continuous integration technologies, scripting, and tooling • Must possess SQL programming and SQL tuning skills.
- Detail oriented, focus on improving code metrics an with strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prefer exposure to one or more of the following business platforms related to investment management - Trading and Settlements Platforms (example - Black Mountain Systems – Everest), Portfolio Accounting (examples - Advent – Geneva, Markit - Wall Street Office), Risk Management systems or performance reporting systems (Eagle – PACE, data warehouse)
Technical Platform Specialty:
- Microsoft C# • JS stack – Angular, Ember, Node, Bootstrap, etc. ASP .NET, Java Script/CSS/XML
- Experience with SQL, particularly T-SQL
- Strong knowledge of Source Control Management/CI tooling – TeamCity, GIT, TFS, Octopus, etc.
- Education BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience