We are seeking a highly motivated application support analyst with a strong technical and front office systems background to join our trading systems team. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team responsible for the firm’s front office applications.
Candidates should have excellent client facing skills, be able to independently problem solve and possess the ability to clearly articulate technical issues. The candidate would become the face of the application to our front office professionals.
Primary Function & Essential Responsibilities:
Skills & Abilities:
- Work closely with technology and trading professionals in triaging and resolving production support issues.
- Will possess a strong sense of ownership in developing business requirements. The candidate will work with development teams to design solutions, manage adoption and support of those solutions.
- Development and application configuration commensurate to the candidate’s skill level with the application.
- Develop strong relationships with business users to drive technology development and adoption.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing.
Technical Platform Specialty:
- 2+ year's cumulative experience in front office systems as a business analyst, some development experience or technical support.
- Meticulous and self-driven with an ability to perform analysis and clearly communicate gaps in analysis to business and requirements to development teams. • A strong understanding of software development practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Would prefer exposure to one or more of the following business platforms related to investment management:
- Trading and Settlements Platforms (e.g. Black Mountain Systems’ Everest), Portfolio Accounting (e.g. Advent – Geneva, MarkIT - Wall Street Office), Risk Management systems or performance reporting systems (Eagle – PACE, data warehouse).
- Advanced SQL Server T-SQL skills and or database administration experience.
- A solid understanding of joins, sub queries, functions, stored procedures, optimization and other advanced SQL concepts.
- Experience with XML/Xpath/XSLT technologies.
- Education BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience