3-5 years of Azure dev exp. Must have cloud and modern data warehouse knowledge. Financial services exp. preferred.
LA or NY based
We are seeking a highly technical developer/architect to join our growing software development team in building out a modern data platform on Microsoft Azure platform. This is a unique opportunity to assist in building a modern data warehouse/pipeline to support firm’s critical business processes. Candidate must have strong hands-on technical expertise in modern data architectures – cloud, messaging, data warehousing, etc. Must have financial services domain knowledge and experience in continuous integration practices and background in leading strong software development teams. Candidates must be able to translate business requirements into technical architectures, data models and designs. Candidates should have excellent client facing skills and be able to articulate technical issues.
Primary Function & Essential Responsibilities
• Responsible for establishing data warehouse architecture/data pipeline to support firm’s workflows & reporting requirements.
• Responsible for selecting the technology stack, and working with development teams to implement an efficient data warehouse/data pipeline.
• Assist in adoption of data architecture across technology platforms,
• Hands-on development of critical data pipeline/warehouse components to support front-office, middle-office and integrations areas
• Responsible for effective communication and interaction with project teams
• Liaison to the Application Architecture team and PMO teams to ensure guidelines and process across all technology initiatives are aligned properly
• Mentoring junior developers, cross training on-shore/off-shore resources in building a culture of excellence in software development
Skills & Abilities
• 7 - 10 year's cumulative experience designing and developing enterprise data architecture technologies and a successful track record in implementing such architectures
• Most recent work experience must include work on Microsoft Azure data platforms including Data Lakes, Data Factory, any data analytics platforms - Databricks, Spark, etc.
• Must have hands on experience in modern data architectures, patterns and technology stacks – cloud data platforms (AWS/Azure/Google), messaging (Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Enterprise Bus, etc.), datawarehouse design technologies • Strong understanding of software development practices and patterns
• Strong hands-on knowledge of continuous integration technologies, scripting, and tooling. Strong understanding and experience of messaging frameworks
• Detail oriented, focus on improving code metrics an with strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively work in a dynamic environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Prefer exposure to one or more of the following business platforms related to investment management - Trading and Settlements Platforms (example - Black Mountain Systems – Everest), Portfolio Accounting (examples - Advent – Geneva, Markit - Wall Street Office), Risk Management systems or performance reporting systems (Eagle – PACE, data warehouse)
BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience