LEVEL I UNDERWRITER
The Level I Underwriter’s responsibility is to review applications for adherence to specific underwriting and Bank guidelines. This review will entail gathering relevant documentation and the subsequent analysis for account approval.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary focus will be on low volume merchant account submissions.
- General understanding of personal credit report and financial trade lines.
- Ability to analyze and generate department related reports (MATCH, TIN, credit, OFAC, etc.).
- Knowledge of underwriting related internet sites.
- Review underwriting package and ensure all required documentation has been supplied.
- Ability to express underwriting related concerns to immediate report.
- Conduct due diligence reviews of applications, websites and corresponding account information ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Validate documents provided with new applications using online publications and resources provided.
- Prepare written summary based on analysis of applicant/customer information in accordance with the department procedures.
- Utilize skills in problem identification, analysis and resolution using all available resources.
- Ensure compliance to all underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Work in tandem with Level II Underwriter in providing reports and initiating correspondence with Relationship Management to gather account pending items.