The Human Resources Finance Manager will provide financial insights and analysis to identify trends and variables impacting human resources and the company to support business decision-making, improve cost effectiveness, and provide financial direction on HR led spending.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Create and implement key metrics to achieve desired behaviors from business partners to improve reporting process.
- Evaluate the 401(k) Retirement Plans ensuring required reporting and testing is performed, benefit payments are funded, and compliance to insurance requirements
- Deliver cost savings through evaluation and recommendation of workers’ compensation and health insurance policies.
- Drive negotiations of premiums and payment terms with insurance brokers, uniform, training suppliers to minimize the cost of coverage and manage the risk to the company.
- Actively participate in a wide variety of special projects and committees, development of organization plans and policies, and compile a variety of special reports and insights as needed.
- Confirm compliance with local, state, and federal license, taxation, and reporting requirements.
- Own reconciliation of Payroll Wages and Taxes to Quarterly Tax Filings, Annual W-2 Statements, Financial Statements, and Workers Compensation Payroll Audits
- Creates and delivers presentations and reports providing detailed data, trends, and analysis.
- Authors and audits Human Resources budgets.
- Engages with Procurement team to create and develop business cases.
- Administers all contracts.
- Generates value added support to HR Director
- Examines trends in HRIS systems to ensure optimization of all modules
- May be called upon to perform HR Generalist work as needed.
- Finance Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency using Excel spreadsheets required including pivot tables & complex formulas such as VLOOKUP & SUMIF.
- Knowledge of ERP database software, preferably Oracle.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish a plus.
Experience and Background:
- Good understanding of operations trends and budgets.
- Exposure to cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong grasp of US GAAP
- Experience in an HR environment with benefits, compensation, etc. highly desired
- 6+ years of accounting-related experience with a combination of public accounting & industry experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to be personable yet persistent. Ability to exercise judgment and cooperative demeanor while adhering to process and schedule constraints.
- Sound planning and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to support a cross-functional team.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.