Senior Product Manager – IT Operations and Automation
We are seekibng is looking for an energetic, results-oriented product manager to drive the definition, strategy, and delivery of pre-built IT automation and diagnostic solutions for our flagship incident resolution platform. As our product manager, you will work closely with customers, our professional services team and content developers to define the new packaged offerings and work with our sales and marketing teams to message, launch and deliver the solution. The position will require the candidate to think strategically, understand how IT operations resolve incidents, and be able to communicate the requirements to our content development engineers.
If you’re passionate about products and delivering solutions that can have immediate impact to IT customers, and want to work for the next fast-moving startup company addressing the whitespace in the market, then this is the role for you.
- Work closely with customers, professional services and sales enablement teams to develop detailed requirements for incident resolution content used to diagnose and resolve IT, network, and security incidents with automations, processes and procedures.
- Interview and talk to customers, prospects, and Resolve technical teams to develop and document user requirements and define use cases.
- Analyze market, prioritize key technologies and target markets to develop ongoing product roadmap.
- Develop process to incorporate and leverage content developed by customer teams and be the gatekeeper to manage and publish new content.
- Drive and develop content module capabilities descriptions, marketing messages and sales tools (datasheets, presentations, etc).
- Proactively assist sales team in sales support including RFP responses, client requirements and market trends.
- Must be proficient and demonstrate deep knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies including, but not limited to network, server, database, applications, virtual machines, cloud services, storage, security, and management systems.
- Must understand the how IT organizations and operational teams validate, diagnose and resolve IT infrastructure incidents.
- Direct experience working in an IT or network support or operational role highly desired.
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure vendor landscape and the key vendors for each technology area.Understand new technology trends and how they are evolving.
- 3-5 years of product management or related experience required with IT infrastructure or enterprise products.
- Must be able to translate and actualize client and market demands into product requirements
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills; can prepare written communication and convey information and concepts clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interview and talk to customers to understand user requirements and use cases.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and as part of a larger team; ability to effectively influence and build consensus with a variety of stakeholders including engineering, sales, and management teams to meet objectives and complete tasks.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize, work independently, and problem solve, working comfortably under pressure.
- Must have strong analytical skills, be a strategic thinker, and able to balance between technology and business concepts.
- Engineering or Computer Science degree preferred