Responsible for staffing, supervision, training, motivation and performance review of assembly staff and coordinating activities relating to assembly and test. Specific responsibilities include completing work orders as scheduled by planning, preparing weekly job assignment schedules, tracking status of work-in-process, shop aids, overseeing employee training, ensuring safe work practices and work areas, maintaining inventory of shop supplies, ordering depleted items as required and maintaining good housekeeping in all Assembly areas.
Supervises employees and contract labor within Assembly. For specific titles and names, refer to the current Company organization chart. Supervises non-exempt employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completes work orders as scheduled by planning.
- Works closely with planners to resolve schedule conflicts, part shortages and any other issues that may prevent assembly from achieving schedules.
- Supervises trains, motivates and does performance reviews of assigned personnel.
- Continuously monitors staff size, skills, and performance and job assignments in relation to workload and takes direct and timely action to adjust accordingly.
- Working from Kit Release schedule maintained by Planning, prepares schedule of work assignments for Assembly employees.
- Keeps schedules accurate and up to date at all times.
- Tracks work-in-process status and updates schedules daily as work is completed.
- Trains Assembly staff in proper assembly techniques, how to use routing, drawings and work instructions, proper use of tools and tooling, chemical safety, and proper ergonomics.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the manager Assembly Operations.
MUST BE A U.S. PERSON: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. Must be able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance, if needed.
Two-year certificate from college or technical school, or equivalent and 2 to 4 years related experience.
3 to 5 years experience with precision mechanical assembly, including drilling, riveting, fastener installation and bench assembly. Experience in hydraulic, fluid, refrigeration and electrical control systems desired. Experience with machine shop environment desired. Familiar with Military Specifications for assembly, test and interpreting engineering drawings. Two years lead or supervisory experience required. Must have taken and completed supervisory/leadership courses.
P.C. Spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word).
TOOLS/EQUIPMENT USED ON THE JOB
Must be able to operate drill press, hand and air tools, calipers, forklift and other material handling equipment, as well as copier, fax and telephone.