As a Software Engineer, Data Platform, you will work with the company's software development lifecycle to design and develop new enhancements to the software as well as work on legacy software that meet business specifications.
Primary Responsibilities include requirements analysis to gain an understanding of business needs to develop level of effort estimates, software design and development, unit testing, performing design and code reviews, and development of technical documentation. Additional responsibilities include performing system analysis, code modifications, and functional testing to troubleshoot application production issues.
As a member of the data engineering team, you will work on a wide variety of projects ranging from extending our data infrastructure, extending and optimizing ETL Systems to finding creative and secure ways share our data. The dataset is our most valuable technical asset and you will have the opportunity to write software to expose this dataset to both internal and external parties. Our ideal candidate is someone who’s comfortable taking ownership of their work and effectively searching for creative solutions to the complex problems we encounter. You’ll work in a highly collaborative environment where communication with the Design, Data Science, and Backend Engineering teams is key to your day-to-day success.
- Ability to implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Experience with Functional Programming
- Excellent programming skills in Scala
- Working knowledge of distributed systems/frameworks such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL Databases and the ability to work with Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Couchbase & NoSQL
- Applied new / existing technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions
- Track record of completing tasks and projects with minimum supervision
- Python experience is a plus
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, UI designers, customers, and other engineers
- Spark knowledge is A MUST!
- A strong understanding of branches and forking strategies in Github & Gitlab utilizing the CLI.