SQL Developer/Analysts are core members of the Capability aligned Agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned Agile team and, while the SQL Developer/Analyst core contribution will be leading software development and engineering tasks, they also significantly contribute to analysis and testing activities. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their Agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status. In order to sustain effective collaboration, some early morning/evening teleconferences as well as some light travel (<10%) may be required.
The Investment Technology, Americas team is responsible for the development and maintenance of our local bespoke applications and systems that satisfy the requirements of our investment teams as well as contributing to global Investment Technology strategies and solutions. We require an individual with a blend of business and technical skills, together with experience of working with front office staff to join the team. You will be expected to be a team player and to deliver quality code for bespoke new builds, enhancements and also provide some general application support.
- Working within the Global Technology function and processes whilst liaising with stake holders within a front office environment
- Responsible for leading development and build tasks that contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Responsible for release planning, documentation and execution of features delivered through the development, test, UAT and production environments
- Responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed development team deliverables are met
- Responsible for contributing to Agile planning, including sizing stories and parsing user stories into tasks
- Working with colleagues from other Agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Agile ceremonies
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (analysis, testing)
- Supporting other team members to improve their software development skills where it is their non-core specialism
General and Technical skills
- Comprehensive experience with T-SQL development (SQL Server) and data migration/transformation (SSIS) services
- Experienced C# / .Net developer
- Experience with database design and optimization
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably computer science or engineering) with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant development experience.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server for backlog management and build services, Git for source code management, Octopus for deployment automation, and Confluence for technical documentation is a plus.
- Good data management/analysis/reporting skill is highly desirable.
- The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in development and have experience of business analysis.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
- Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.
- Consultative approach coupled with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong self-organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Team player building strong relationships with team and business clients
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies (SAFe is preferred)
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders is desirable, including sensitivity to cultural differences and time zones.
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Able to prioritize work and limit work in progress in order to achieve optimal flow; must be able to manage stakeholder expectations and commitments.
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
- Comfortable working in a matrix management environment and balancing multiple senior managers and business stakeholder requirements.