Under general supervision, performs various functions in the processing of customer orders, including domestic, international, and OEM. Duties include: processing sales orders (manual and EDI), troubleshooting order discrepancies, assisting our Rep Agencies (both U.S.and Canada) with pricing, order processing, and delivery issues. Also responsible for the processing of RMAs and credits, as well as assisting customers with billing, shipping, and product inquires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the processing of orders for his/her assigned accounts.
• Establishes and maintains an open line of communication with customers, sales agency representatives and our Credit Department. Answers inquiries concerning order status, pricing, order discrepancies, payment terms, discounts, etc.
• Review incoming EDI orders multiple times daily and troubleshoot problems as needed.
• Responsible for becoming familiar with product line at an intermediate level.
• Works with Supply Chain and our Distribution Center to schedule shipments in a timely manner.
• Researches and processes requests for return goods authorizations and credits.
• Works with Sales and Credit in establishing and the set-up new customer accounts.
• Maintains all files relating to Customer Service Department functions.
• In conjunction with Sales, is responsible for the set-up of customer pricing in our system.
• Assists the Customer Service Manager and/or Sales Managers in collecting data and creating reports as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Two to three years of customer service experience is required (preferably in an office environment).
• Able to understand sales, service, and customer relation practices and the technique of handling customer inquiries and complaints.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Will be expected to use problem-solving skills on a regular basis. A wide degree of creativity and sound judgment is needed when addressing customer problems and/or difficult situations.
• Strong computer skills are required. One or more years of experience with Oracle/JDE or similar ERP software preferred.
• Intermediate skills required in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook software.
• Must be capable of performing multiple tasks simultaneously, including the handling of inbound customer telephone calls and e-mails. A certain degree of latitude is provided in this position, as you may need to reevaluate your priorities throughout the day.
• Expected to participate in the ongoing development of policies and procedures for the department.
• Capable of standing, walking, bending, sitting on a frequent basis and capable of lifting 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Bilingual French preferred.