Must have qualifications:
- Perform database related functions including overall database and system design and planning, database installation/configuration including upgrading and patching, database backup and recovery, database monitoring, performance optimization and developing/implementing database high availability solutions and disaster recovery plans to ensure data availability, integrity and safety.
- Implement necessary automation for data and database operations and reporting.
- Investigate and troubleshoot database and performance issues and suggest solutions. Collaborate with Engineering, Operations and other groups on database solutions and advise on best practices.
- Proactively search for and recommend tools, services and solutions to improve data operation efficiency and database performance, scalability, availability, security and efficiency. Support modernization initiatives including upgrades and migration to NoSQL and cloud.
- Participate in the on-call production support rotation and willing to perform maintenance work during non-business hours occasionally
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in solution sales and demonstrable knowledge of technology.
- 3+ years’ experience as database engineer or database administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, Engineering or similar).
- Strong understanding of RDBMS principles, database design and performance optimization techniques.
- Experience managing large installations of database in a high-volume production environment.
- Experience developing and implementing database high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Proficient in writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience in developing automated data ETL processes.
- Working knowledge with cloud database, NoSQL technologies.
- Experience in big data, data science/analytics, machine learning, geospatial data is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills