This position has order and account management responsibilities and is the single point of contact for International Distributors/Licensees to ensure customer order fulfillment and satisfaction. This position acts as a liaison between vendors and customers for COS (drop-ship direct from approved suppliers to customers) and distribution and customers for Warehouse orders.
This position requires ADVANCED MS Excel proficiency.
Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- This position is a first contact to customers and will work with both internal and external clients and vendors, primarily via email to quote delivery and ensure customer orders are processed promptly.
Responsible for processing International COS orders and preparing warehouse orders to be picked/packed by shipping team. Coordination with suppliers for production schedule and shipping status are needed when the orders are to be ship-direct.
- Review orders status to ensure the goods are shipped by the Ship Date, and orders are scheduled according to any weight requirements or specifications. Items that are out of stock should be prioritized/expedited through Production/Procurement. Orders on credit hold should be reviewed with the Credit department for release. Contact the customer to advise when orders cannot be released due to payment issues.
- Identify and resolve any order or quality issues that may occur and communicate effectively with internally and external clients. Investigate and resolve customer delivery problems.
- Perform order consolidation and placement for drop-ship (COS) orders and fabric buys with vendors and confirm order by issuing Pro Forma Invoices to customers.
- Preparing shipping documents required by different country for shipping purpose. Coordinate with shipping personnel to make shipping arrangements with designated freight forwarder by account.
- Check product availability for warehouse orders and quote delivery dates.
- Ensure the customer’s needs and expectations are met. Follow through with requests to completion.
- Provide backup support for order allocation and order waving of warehouse operations.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Basic Understanding of the International logistics and freight consolidation preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting/billing and Order Processing systems.
- Knowledge of company and organizational policies, practices and procedures.
- Advanced PC skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, typing and 10-key data entry.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills as pertained to dealing with customers and internal departments.
- Work effective as a member of a team.
- Effectively manage work situation of moderate degree of complexity, which could impact company image and/or sales dollars and cost.
Education and Experience–
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of International Order Processing/Customer Support experience preferred.