Senior database developers responsible for designing, developing, and implementing a secured and scalable enterprise-level data strategy, infrastructure, and analytics solution to meet the business and regulatory needs. They are also responsible for designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. In collaboration with other application developers, optimize in-application SQL statements as necessary, and establish best practices. Further, senior database developers are responsible for integrating data from multiple source systems, displaying data appropriately, identifying areas of process improvement, and implementing solutions through data integration and automation. They will also assist with building front-end applications such as reports, dashboards, and analytics, as well as solving database issues. Typical responsibilities:
- Develop and manage databases by consulting with business clients to understand business goals, setting the vision, gathering business requirements and processes, defining business and technical data solutions, designing database schema, and defining ETL processes for the data warehouse.
- Maintain a library of model documents, templates, and specifications.
- Generate standard and custom reports to inform the business.
- Partner with others in IT, as well as third party vendor(s), to manage database resources, performance, availability, accessibility, redundancy, security, and integrity.
- In collaboration with others in IT, provide guidance, solution design, detailed requirements and governance for data needs such as acquisition, query, update, transfer, store, archive, etc.
- Evaluate vendors and systems, analyze system and data requirements for new software/applications.
- Lead data-related projects and initiatives.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- May occasionally travel to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Five years’ experience developing databases.
- Experience with distributed systems, different types of database management systems such as RDBMS and NoSQL, online analytical processing (OLAP), and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) framework from different source/target systems.
- Experience with MS SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS) and SQL tools such as Toad or SQL Workbench.
- Experience developing web interfaces.
- Experience developing and managing data warehousing solutions, dashboards, and scorecards.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Eight years’ experience with SQL database and development.
- Experience developing databases for a financial institution (Credit Union or Bank).
- Experience and ability to visualize enterprise-level strategy and interpreting or defining business requirements into functional, technical, and/or database design requirements.
- Experience with ASP.NET, C#.NET, Python, Oracle PSQL, and MS BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS).
- Experience with Oracle 11g/12c (PSQL) database management, architecture, and security.
- Experience with multidimensional data modeling, visualization and design, information architecture, data governance, and advanced data analytics.
- Experience implementing and utilizing business intelligence (BI) tools and technologies.
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience with client/server, web-based, and server-side computing architectures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with complex database design, database relationships, and report accuracy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of IT infrastructure, interfaces, and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the application of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Soldiers and Sailors Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, etc.) and perform statistical and math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to consult by gathering and evaluating stakeholder needs, providing advice and recommendations, and partnering to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to write functional and technical design documentations.
- Demonstrates the ability to prepare and present training materials on technical information for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as use office database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.