|Position Name:||Senior Software Engineer||Department:||Information Technology|
|Reports To:||Director, Business Systems & Processes||Salary Grade:||11|
|Revised:||March 30, 2018||FLSA Code:||E|
|Comparable Industry Title:|| || || |
Senior software engineers at Firefighters First Credit Union (FFCU) are responsible for partnering with the business to design and implement software, database, and web applications in order to automate business processes, increase efficiency, and develop key functionality using current best practices. They utilize change management and provide training to increase user adoption and gain feedback for future enhancements. In addition, they play a critical role in preventing, detecting, and recovering from all sources and types of security threats. Overall, senior software engineers are responsible for developing and enhancing software in support of achieving FFCU business goals. Typical responsibilities:
- Develop software solutions using multiple development languages, databases, tools, and coding techniques.
- Install, maintain, and/or troubleshoot technology infrastructure, including hardware, software, networks, data centers, facilities, and related equipment used to develop, test, operate, monitor, manage and/or support IT services.
- Perform software enhancements, system upgrades, and software maintenance, ensuring issues are prioritized and resolved in a timely manner.
- Create change management and training plan to facilitate adoption of software, software enhancements, and system upgrades.
- Define and execute a risk mitigation plan to address security threats.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- May occasionally travel to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Professional IT Certifications
- Experience in database development such as Oracle, MS SQL, or similar, and Extract, Load, Transform (ETL).
- Experience with Graphical User Interface (GUI) development and developing in Windows Server Environment.
- Experience developing server side applications.
- Experience developing Web applications
- Experience developing cloud-based data solutions.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified in change management methodologies and tools.
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer in a financial institution.
- Experience managing projects and initiatives using standard project management tools and techniques to achieve results.
- Experience developing and executing change management and training plans to increase user adoption.
- Experience creating and executing risk management plans to prevent and recover from security threats.
- Knowledge of and experience with software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, interfaces, and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with applied instructional design theories, adult learning principles, and current training methodologies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the application of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Soldiers and Sailors Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business, personal, and insurance products and services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, etc.) and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding member’s needs and selling products that will benefit them.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to prepare and present training materials on technical information for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as use office database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with FFCU’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.