The purpose of the role is to focus on delivering and transitioning enterprise solutions leveraging a "cloud first" mindset with a focus on automating service delivery processes. The Cloud Engineer will work with internal and external teams to gather business requirements, implement standards, make best-practice recommendations, and find solutions to complex business problems.
- Develop, design, and Deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud solutions with a focus on the Microsoft/O365/Azure stack across a range of cloud computing service models (IaaS/PaaS/BaaS/FaaS/SaaS).
- Setup and maintain monitoring, metrics & reporting systems for fine-grained observability and actionable alerting.
- Develop and deploy IT service transition plans to modernize the service management and delivery, which includes people, process and technology.
- Advocate root-cause analytical engineering practices and assist teams in using frameworks for infrastructure as code and immutable infrastructure concepts.
- Develop IT change management plans and materials in order to advise other teams on cloud infrastructure uses to solve problems and create efficiencies.
- Set up critical infrastructure and develop tools and frameworks to automate operational tasks, deployment of machines, and empower self-service.
- Design and develop code or scripts to automate deployment and monitoring of services (infrastructure as code).
- Develop and modernize cloud build standards and advise other teams on these new standards (server, network, storage, firewall).
- Create and contribute to architectural design, diagrams, and other documents for cross-functional team review (InfoSec, Network, Server, Operations).
- Identity and implement new tools and processes to continuously improve the delivery and efficiencies of services.
- 5+ years of IT solution implementation experience.
- Experience with the integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft and other SaaS providers.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, service, and technical challenges and provide solutions.
- Experience with cloud service operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
- Strong understanding of Azure cloud infrastructure and stack of services for IT service delivery and infrastructure (VM, SQL, VNET, User defined routes, Azure Site Recovery, Traffic Manager, Azure Automation, Storage, ARM Templates, Azure Load balancer, API Gateway, Functions, Logic Apps, and Azure AD).
- Foundational knowledge of the ITIL framework, and IT Service Management.
- Experience in configuration management and patch management using automated tools.
- Experience with Infrastructure automation through a working understanding of code and script such as: PowerShell, Python, C#.
- Experience with source code and version control management tools.
- Solid foundational understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks.
- Extensive knowledge about API designs and use to integrate services.
- A working understanding with CI/CD tools such as VSTS or equivalent
- Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition hosting/delivery models
- Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques (on premise to Cloud Platforms).
- Experience with Azure and 3rd party monitoring tools
- Solid understanding of security and compliance frameworks, standards and implementation in public cloud environments.
- Experience in using and developing release pipelines for managing infrastructure as code.