We are looking for a SQL ETL Developer to assist in the development, maintenance, and operations of TDS Data Flow. This ETL expert shall be proficient in the design, implementation, and automation of SSIS packages as well as performance tuning of stored procedures. The SQL ETL developer will work on projects in Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, Data Staging and Production Database maintenance. A proficient understanding of ETL techniques, data staging, data warehouse, and relational structures is required. Skills in SQL, C#, Data reporting, and analytics is preferred. The SQL ETL Developer will be responsible for existing ETL process designed in legacy and SSIS/SSDT packages as well as new development, standardization of existing packages, and automation of ETL operations. Quality control and metrics is an important aspect of this position and a thorough understanding of data normalization, standardization, and data cleansing techniques is required.
Proactively monitor systems and take measures to improve performance and stability within TDS databases, tools and processes.
Description of Position
- Understand the data, business, and regulatory requirements in maintaining Personally Identifiable Information and personal characteristics of a consumer.
- Assist in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data transformations, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL-related activities.
- Provide technical knowledge of Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) solutions for Data Flow with an emphasis on automation and repeatability of processes.
- Work closely with Product Management and Data Acquisitions to ensure that the end to end designs meet the business and data requirements.
- Automate manual data processes, optimize user queries, and streamline Data flow operations to reduce data latency.
- Developer new SSIS/SSDT packages to load and manage Data Sources to be delivered to clients in a timely manner.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex and difficult problems or systems, collaborate, communicate and deliver the process solution
- Create processes and tools to monitor and improve data quality and system stability
- Proficiency in SQL including Joins, Inserts, Updates, Creates, Alters, Subqueries, Pivots, Loops, Cases, and basic data transformation functions.
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and able to maintain focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong drive for meeting deliverables and understanding strategic priorities to meet the business and client needs
- Highly organized and able to communicate in details as well as abstractions.
- Familiarity of PII and Risk Mitigation industry is a plus.
- 1 to 2 years of ETL Development experience
- Ability to create efficient SSIS/SSDT packages for large data sets
- Automating SSIS/SSDT jobs and Stored Procedures
- Create post ETL load validation scripts
- Advanced database development knowledge (SQL Server 2008-2017)
- Ability to ensure performance , reliability and consistency of SSIS jobs
- Strong understanding of auditing, error handling etc.
- Ability to create and maintain the complete ETL cycle
- Merge and analyze ambiguous data from disparate data sources
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with the business to gather requirements and transform them into technical solutions
- Analytical skills to create solutions for unique requirements
- Understanding of ETL best practices
- Ability to model and document processes and data flows