The Business Analyst is a member of a highly-motivated team responsible for partnering with multiple IT and business divisions to evaluate, understand and deliver solutions for complex business problems. The team works as the strategic interface with assigned business divisions for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solutions delivery, service management, risk management and relationship management. The team provides highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout key business technology initiatives.
The Business Analyst serves as a key liaison between technology solutions and service delivery teams and business divisions to gather detailed requirements and specifications from stakeholders, assist in the design and development of technical solutions, and ensure the technical solutions meet the user’s needs. The Business Analyst assists in testing new application functionality. Coordinates and implements process flow and functional improvements to increase user efficiency within the applications. Assist in developing and managing project plans, risk communication and progress status.
The position will report to the assigned divisional Manager or Lead.
- Technology Solutions Delivery:
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of IT’s service catalog, and assigned business divisions areas to identify and communicate how IT solutions can support the achievement of short- and long-term business goals.
- Support prioritization of IT initiatives based on the assigned division’s needs/strategy, IT workload and budget.
- Promote business knowledge of IT process, roles, and procedures to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Support on solution options analysis, risks evaluation and impacts on end-user solutions and services, business processes/workflows and system priorities.
- Participates in planning sessions with team members.
- Support the development of business cases and contribute to the “project greenlight” process, including cost benefit analyses.
- Build a trusted relationship with multiple roles in the assigned business division.
- Partner with Service Mangers to deliver IT solutions to further the goals, all while managing customer expectations around what IT can deliver.
- Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of the goals.
- Support the development of project plans and project charters
- Support the project management process, reporting on status, accomplishments and risks.
- Business Process Modelling:
- Process/Workflow analysis; work with project teams to gather, analyze and compile business process needs.
- Create process, models, specifications, diagrams and charts on current business processes and workflows.
- Requirements Management:
- Elicit, analyze, and document business requirements, from user groups and project stakeholders.
- Create and manage backlog of items by documenting business requirements and translating into technical specifications for solution implementation.
- Manage requirements prioritization, implementation estimation and dependencies; traceability from business capability to test case.
- Quality Assurance:
- Develop test plans and test case scenarios based on project requirements.
- Assist and conduct user acceptance testing.
- Research and document issues / bugs before reporting these to the developers.
- Supports change management activities; training and user support.
- Supports the manager in monitoring and reporting on escalated issues.
- Works collaboratively with service managers to develop clear and concise communications with respects to incidents, problems, and change management as needed.
- Minimum 3 years working in a Business Analyst or Project Management role in an IT environment with significant client exposure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science of Business Management fields.
- Experience successfully implementing medium sized project and/or in IT lead roles.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership of tasks and projects.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments.
- Ability to present complex problems in simple terms with great presentation skills.
- Experience extracting insights from data.
- Agile, waterfall SDLC understanding and experience.
- Proficiency using excel for advanced data analysis and reporting, project management tools (MS project or equivalent), business process mapping tools (MS vision, CaseWise or equivalent), PowerPoint or equivalent.
- Experience using requirements management tools and test management tools.