We are looking for a DevOps Leader to join our team. We’re a .NET, hosted application (SaaS) company, building multi-tiered web applications, with strong emphasis on design patterns, and delivering well-designed and modular releases. We develop and maintain the web application. We are a leading product in the area of controlled asset creation and management. It allows marketing teams to control branding, compliance, or other messaging, whilst giving end users a limited set of freedoms to modify content via a customizable portal. Combine this with a powerful user group system that provides features such as budgets, cost center access, approval workflows, all tied to a full featured (manual or automated) distribution backend.
The candidate would be a curious and driven DevOps leader with a passion for discovering new ways to improve system reliability and automate manual processes. System stability is king, but how else can DevOps improve the workflows of the development and QA teams? The position demands careful approach to changes, but innovative thought. The candidate would be leading a team responsible for the following; development operation systems, build and release management, system and infrastructure development, application health monitoring, and issue diagnosis support. DevOps will be working closely with an IT team that provides networking, virtualized systems, and other IT infrastructure.
This role requires taking ownership of the DevOps team and its responsibilities, identify opportunities for improvement in all department responsibilities, and understand and recommend solutions to handle scale of the SaaS product. We are looking to build transparency and accountability as the team grows, by setting measurable targets and tracking progress. This is a smaller team so be prepared to be hands-on.
The DevOps team is responsible for:
- Maintaining a Microsoft TFS Server and other supporting development systems.
- Ensuring regular automated code builds and deployments to QA occur on time without issues, including database changes.
- Performing code deployments to production every 7 weeks.
- Working with development teams to build out new infrastructure required for new features.
- Monitoring SaaS applications and supporting infrastructure (databases, SANs, VMs etc.) to proactively find potential areas of concern before they become a critical issue.
- Maintaining Production, DR, and QA virtualized systems and working with IT to apply OS updates and keep operating systems current.
- Maintain a production environment hosted on Azure in the EU.
- R&D emerging technologies to improve the DevOps operations.
This is a leadership role in a small DevOps team that requires 8+ years of experience in DevOps or related fields, especially with supporting SaaS products. We are looking for someone that has had some experience in leadership within a DevOps team and is looking for an opportunity to build a quality team around them and explore new technologies that can be proven to streamline DevOps.
- Other skills and experience we will be looking for, not all are essential:
- Automating everything – manual processes are an interim solution.
- PowerShell scripting – we are a Microsoft shop using TFS, PowerShell is everywhere.
- SQL Server and SSDT – our dev team writes TSQL changes in SSDT, DevOps deploys changes via SSDT.
- SQL Server troubleshooting – our dev team writes TSQL…
- Azure IaaS and PaaS management.
- Application & system monitoring with related tools like Application Insights and Solarwinds.
- VMWare tools and automation.
- Windows server configuration and automation.
- Container systems – we plan on using Docker or a similar system in the future, we would love to have someone on the team with experience.